Virechana is a process in Ayurvedic treatment that involves purgation of the toxins from the body. The word Virechana is derived from Sanskrit word “vrish” which means to cleanse or to take out. Scroll down to know the process and benefits of Virechana-an effective Panchakarma detox therapy.
What is Virechana?
Virechana is one of the Panchakarma therapies in which purgation is induced by drugs to eliminate the excess of Pitta dosha from the body.
Virechana is one of the five main cleansing therapies in the Ayurvedic system of medicine that eliminate the excess of Pitta dosha from the body. Virechana is considered to be the most important among these five because it helps in clearing out all the toxins from the body.
How Virechana is performed?
Virechana is one of the five main procedures in Ayurveda Panchakarma and is considered to be very beneficial for overall health. Virechana to cleanse your intestine
s and remove toxins from your body. The Virechana process begins with a light oil massage followed by the administration of medicated ghee or oil.
If your doctor Virechana you, he will first assess your metabolism and medicines as per.
After a , the patient is asked to take medicated ghee orally for a few days.
Then on the day of Virechana, a light oil body massage and steam are given followed by administration of some herbal medicine to induce motion.
After the procedure, a diet restriction is to be followed to attain a maximum level of benefits.
Benefits of Virechana:
Virechana is a powerful cleansing process used to balance pitta levels in the body. Pitta imbalances can lead to a number of health problems, including indigestion, inflammation, and skin conditions. A Virechana cleanse can help to reduce these symptoms and restore balance to the body. Following the benefits undergoing a Virechana cleanse:
- Virechana can be done either alone or along with other panchakarma therapies.
- It helps to detoxify the liver and remove these toxins from the body.
- It restores and as well as improves immunity.
- It helps to improve digestion and reduce these symptoms.
- Virechana detox is an effective treatment for piles, acidity, constipation, liver diseases and inflammations.
- A virechana cleanse can help to heal skin conditions like eczema, acne, psoriasis etc and restore balance the body.
- Flushes out the toxins from the GI tract and it improves digestion.