Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder that affects up to 20% of women of reproductive age worldwide. While allopathic treatment has no complete cure for PCOS, Ayurveda treatment can be very effective in treating this health condition. This article explores what Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS is and how an Ayurveda treatment regimen might be the solution you are looking for!
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition where ovaries produce a higher than normal amount of male hormones called androgens. The increased level of male hormone in women with PCOS can result in a slew of health problems including irregular periods, infertility, weight gain, and many more.
Following are the most common PCOS symptoms
- Severe bleeding during period
- Irregular period
- Excess hair growth on the body (Hirsutism)
- Male pattern baldness
- Sleep issues
- Oily skin
Ayurvedic Treatments for PCOS
There are many different types of Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS.
- Abhyanga: This is a form of massage therapy that uses warm oil to help improve circulation and detoxify the body. Abhyanga massage with Vata cooling oils is very effective in restoring a woman’s reproductive organs.
- Shirodhara: This therapy involves pouring a stream of warm oil over the forehead, which is said to help calm the mind and ease stress.
- Panchakarma: This is a detoxification process that helps to cleanse the body of toxins. Panchakarma is the initial course of Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS in Ayurveda. After a comprehensive evaluation, the ayurvedic specialist develops a personalized plan that includes heat therapy, herbal enemas, and oil massages. To know which Panchakarma therapy is the most suitable for you, consult with the best Ayurveda doctors in Jaipur.
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, strength, and overall mental and physical health. There are many different types of yoga asanas such as Dhanurasana, Vajrasana, Ushtrasana, Uttanpadasana, and Vrikshasana help in reducing stress and making your mind and body rejuvenated.
- Meditation: Meditation can help to calm the mind and ease stress. It can be done in a variety of ways, such as sitting in silence, listening to guided meditations, or practicing breathing yoga.
Ayurvedic Herbs To Treat PCOS
After analyzing your Prakriti and dosha imbalance, your Ayurvedic doctors may prescribe you some medicine, strict dietary changes, and herbal blends to help you alleviate PCOS symptoms. Some of the Herbal remedies that support the reproductive system, cure hormonal imbalance, and treat PCOS are Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Fenugreek, Cinnamon, Shilajit, Neem, and Turmeric.
Why Ayurveda is the Best Treatment Method for PCOS?
Ayurveda is a holistic approach to health that focuses on keeping all aspects of your life in balance for optimal health. Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS involves a combination of dietary changes, lifestyle modifications, and herbal remedies. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to treating PCOS with Ayurveda. Tailor-made treatment plans are made by Ayurvedic practitioners for every individual to help them overcome PCOS. Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS is safe, side effects free, and works towards a permanent cure.
Book a consultation with one of the best Ayurvedic doctors in Jaipur for PCOS and reverse PCOS naturally.